Thank you for your interest in Wilson’s Business Solutions.
Wilson’s Business Solutions is the premier office solutions provider in Northwestern Ontario and Northern Manitoba. Since 1940 we have been providing complete sales and service support for all print document systems, stationery, furniture and computer products with physical locations in seven separate communities.
Shop at or visit our retail stores and service outlets throughout Northern Ontario (Dryden, Kenora, Fort Frances, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay) and in Thompson, Manitoba. A fleet of company aircraft enables us to come to you in the more remote parts of our region.
A partnership between Friesens Business Machines and Wilson’s in 2006 created a new office solutions company, Office Innovations Incorporated, providing a platform for further growth. Office Innovations Inc. is now fully owned by Wilson’s and currently has locations in Winnipeg, Brandon, Steinbach and Altona. For more information on this company, please visit: www.officeinnovationsinc.ca
Today our stable workforce of professionally trained sales and service technicians combined with respected product lines from Ricoh®, Toshiba®, Canon®, Sharp®, HP®, and Lexmark® ensure consistent customer satisfaction. We provide complete sales and service support for a number of print document systems, stationery, furniture and computer products offered. As an Office Plus dealer, we are proud to have been a part of a National Network of Canadian owned office product specialists for over 40 years.
Through Office Plus we are able to bring you the ultimate in products, prices and services that the office products industry has to offer. When purchasing from Wilson’s you have the opportunity to:
- reduce the number of suppliers (and invoices) by consolidating with one office products company
- choose from a wider selection of brands, models, and items
- receive better value for your money
Wilson’s Mission, Vision and Core Values
We would like to share with you our Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values our company defined for itself back in April of 1992 (and updated in March of 2017). We trust you have found, or will find as a new customer, that we live up to these standards today.
MISSION: To sustainably contribute to the civic and economic health of the communities we serve by offering exceptional customer value for our products and services.
VISION: To maintain and grow our market position in Central Canada through innovation, efficiency and strong relationships with our customers, team members, vendors and communities.
- To ensure that the customer is always taken care of. We will cheerfully support, service, and meet customer demands in a timely and efficient manner to the best of our abilities.
- To productively operate as a highly effective organization to the shared success of the customer and business.
- To employ Team Members who reflect Wilson’s reputation for fair dealing, honesty, and concern for our customers.
- To conduct all aspects of company business in a responsible manner, with each employee contributing effectively to the success of the company.
- To employ Team Members who adhere to acceptable business principles in matters of personal conduct, who exhibit a high degree of personal integrity at all times and who have sincere respect for the rights and feelings of others.
- To create innovative, structured, professional leadership and guidance to ensure employee motivation and satisfaction.
- To be a preferred employer within our communities.
- To take an active role in supporting the communities to which we provide goods and services.
- To be a company whose planning and direction ensures long-term company stability and therefore security for all contributing team members whose livelihoods depend upon it.
- Aggressively search out new opportunities, innovative product, and leading edge facilities and tools that put us in the forefront of productivity in our industry.
- To take pride in our work and our communities and to faithfully pursue excellence in all we do.
A Little History
Our roots go ‘way back to an early settlement near Dryden. In 1897 the Wabigoon Star was established as a weekly newspaper for the Wabigoon/Gold Rock gold mines. Soon after, when gold dwindled, the paper moved its base operation to Dryden, 13 miles to the west and became the Dryden Observer.
In 1940 Alex Wilson purchased the Wabigoon Star. The family then expanded the business into furniture, stationery, and office equipment.
In 1978 Roy Wilson purchased the then small stationery and office equipment portion of the company, (staff of six) from his brothers Alex and Jim and he, his wife Pat, son Greg, (Our President), and a dedicated team, “grew it” to many times its original size.
Our phrase “Service Built Us” is no idle boast, the truth of which you will come to know as we work hard to earn your business.